Online and blended learning pedagogy at the University of Eastern Finland
What is high-quality online teaching like? What kind of pedagogical and technical skills are needed, and how should they be combined?
New and flexible modes of teaching and studying also require new kind of skills and expertise. We work together to develop our digital skills and to find new modes of teaching and student counselling that support learning and are interactive.
The University of Eastern Finland invests in online and blended learning pedagogy by appointing five experienced teacher to serve in the role of a Facilitator. The Facilitators are University Lecturers Kati Kasanen, Vesa Paajanen, Piia Siitonen, Helena Kantanen and Susanna Kohonen.
The Facilitators provide support for the everyday work of teachers in the changing situation. They encourage them to try out new things and to reform their teaching.
In addition to the Facilitators, this collaboration involves:
- Student and Learning Services/ Education and eLearning Support Services
- IT Services
- Facilities Management
- UEF Library
- Centre for Continuous Learning
- Learning In Digitalized Society (DIGS) Research Group
- Other research groups in the field of pedagogical research
- Learning Environment Working Group
- Other actors involved in the development of online and blended learning pedagogy in the units.
The programme to develop online and blended learning pedagogy is led by Academic Rector Tapio Määttä.