Externally funded projects are essential for our research group. We have been leading and participating in several international research, development, and capacity building projects funded from various EU frameworks (Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, ESF, ERDF), as well as by Academy of Finland, Business Finland (former TEKES), Finnish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and several other funding institutions and mechanisms.
In addition to institutionally funded external projects, our researchers have been granted with individual working grants for PhD studies or post-doc research periods by various foundations and agencies (for example Finnish Cultural Foundation working grants, EDUFI Fellowships, Emil Aaltonen Foundation grants).
Current and upcoming projects
- DANUBE – Development of new andragogical diagnostic approaches and interventions of the adult docility phenomenon (Erasmus+ KA2 Strategic Partnerships, Erasmus+ KA2, 2020 – 2023)
- ECALFOR – Evaluation of Teacher Training in Latin America and the Caribbean. Guarantee Of The Quality Of Education Degrees (Erasmus+ KA2 Capacity Building for Higher Education, 2021 – 2023)
- ENVISION_2027 – European Network for Virtual lab & Interactive SImulated ONline learning 2027 (Erasmus+ KA2 Strategic Partnerships, 2021 – 2023)
- TRUE – Transparency of Learning Outcomes through Blockchain Technology (Erasmus+ KA2 Strategic Partnerships, 2020 – 2023)
- Vauhtia uralle (European Social Fund, 2019 – 2022)
Past projects (since 2014)
- RoboSTEAM – Integrating STEAM and Computational Thinking Development by Using Robotics and Physical Devices (Erasmus+ KA2 Strategic Partnerships, 2019 – 2021)
- Joensuu VR Lab (European Regional Development Fund, 2018 – 2020)
- eCraft2Learn – Digital Fabrication and Maker Movement in Education: Making Computer-supported Artefacts from Scratch (Horizon 2020, 2017 – 2018)
- ICT4EEDU – Strengthening ICT in Education in Eritrea (HEI-ICI, Finnish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, 2015 – 2018)
- TACCLE3 – Coding (Erasmus+ KA2 Strategic Partnerships, 2015 – 2017)
- CONSTRUIT! – Making construals as a new digital skill for creating interactive open educational resources (Erasmus+ KA2 Strategic Partnerships, 2014-2017)