Medical computing is one of the most exciting and the fastest growing markets in software and hardware development. All emerging medical innovations rely on cutting-edge technologies: artificial intelligence, computational vision, bioinformatics, data science, virtual reality, 3D printing, ubiquitous sensors, and robotics fuel the medicine. However, both public and private sectors suffer from a shortage of experts in medical computing. In the EMC program, we provide re-training of professionals and expand the pool of the experts in the field.
- Level of program: Continuous advanced education
- Program duration: 1 year / 60 ECTS credits
- Language of instruction: English
- Mode of studies: Fully online
- Latest application period was organized: 24.5.2021 – 6.6.2021
- Class 2021-2022 starts: 1.9.2021
- Degree: Certificate of attendance and recommendation from internship
- Tuition fee: No tuition fee
- Study campus: Virtually at UEF and Savonia UAS
We invite diverse ICT-oriented professionals from all the domains connected to medical computing. Software developers, designers, engineers, programmers, IT admins, testers, technically oriented nurses, doctors, hospital technicians, sales, hospital managers, startup-ers, and graduates from one of three fields (ICT, medicine and healthcare, and business) are welcomed to join the program and expand their portfolio with complementary skills in medical computing.
Why to study with us?
- Expand your horizons in medical computing
- Study courses with industrial relevance
- Advance your professional expertise
- Work on real industrial challenges
- Build networks of medical experts
In the EMC program, we look for:
- Enthusiasts interested in emerging medical fields and technologies
- Technically oriented lifelong learners and problem solvers
- Motivated, self-driven, and organized candidates who can study fully online
EMC in glance
- The EMC program offers 1-year fully-online advanced education (60 ECTS credits) relevant to healthcare, medical computing, and business.
- In the first half, you expand your portfolio with selected courses (30 ECTS credits).
- Course offerings are constantly updated to reflect the needs of Finnish medical-computing industry and clinical research.
- In the second half, your studies are complemented with hands-on internship experience (30 ECTS credits) in medical-computing industry.
- Our program actively invites speakers from medical-computing industry and creates webinars with direct industrial relevance (cybersecurity, image analysis, usability engineering, legislation and regulations).
The EMC program is jointly organized by School of Computing, University of Eastern Finland, and Savonia University of Applied Sciences. The program is funded by European Social Fund (ESF) and Centre for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment North Savo.